Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 2 of our Roadtrip

You know what I hate?  Urine on a toilet seat that you need to use!  TMI, right?!  It grosses me out like nothing else and if there is something we aren't lacking on a roadtrip it's having to use public toilets!  That basically sums up my days adventures!  It was pretty crappy.  I woke up in a pretty bad mood and combined with lack of sleep it sure made for a long day for everyone.  We were in the car all day so I tried to sleep but I'm sitting next to the loudest of the kids who likes to yell "MOM" any time she can't see my face so going to sleep was difficult.  I did manage to get a couple of naps in and would have loved to have just slept the whole time but, I am a mom and have to fullfill my mom duties!  We made it safely to our hotel in Council Bluff, Iowa and it's pretty run down.  I hate hotels....especially when you are on a budget.  I always think about the scene on Ocean's 13 when the inspector finds all of these things in the hotel and I stand in the middle of the room and think....what really is crawling around here.  Gross, right?!  It makes me itch just thinking about it!  Tomorrow I will hopefully have more to talk about other than pee and bed bugs!  ;)  We have some fun things planned for tomorrow so let's hope this woman wakes up with a smile!  The positive note for today was we did receive Mark's wallet!! 


Christian and Paige standing by a Buaffalo Statue

Paige and Christian enjoying their chocolate milk at lunch!



Al's Oasis in Chamberlain, SD is where we ate lunch.  I love country look they gave the buildings!  If only I had thought to pack my cowgirl boots!

By Mark:

Poor Gina did have a rough day in the back with the kids. However, even though it was a long ride, it was nice. I had my mother in the front with me and since my Grandfather (her father) died about 16 years before I was born, I had her tell me stories about him. I learned all kinds of things I never knew, like the fact that he worked for the railroad early in his married life. If was enjoyable spending the long hours of the drive getting aquanted with the man whose name I was given. 

1 comment:

  1. When you get to D.C. the cleanest bathroom in ALL of chinatown is in Five Guys. No joke. Sorry you're not having as much fun as you would like. Road trips and sleeping in strange places aren't as fun for Moms :) I hope you got some sweet new cowgirl duds in SD. :)==janay

    ReplyDelete